Course overview: This course is for beginners and existing therapists looking to add this beneficial therapy. It will give you the information and knowledge to start practicing Indian head massage to a professional standard. Evolved from traditional techniques practiced in India as part of family rituals for thousands of years, this is a wonderfully non-invasive relaxing treatment and involves massage to the upper back, neck and shoulders, head and face. It can be done anywhere, in a seated position or led down on a massage bed and is a great stress reliever. No massage experience is required.
- Code of Ethics and insurance for therapists
- Therapist Safety & Good Working Practices
- Health & safety Guidelines
- Salon Hygiene, Sterilisation & Sanitisation
- GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Consultation procedure and record keeping
- Contraindications & Contra-actions to the treatment and aftercare advice
- An introduction to Indian Head Massage
- Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- The Chakras and Indian Head Massage
- How to prepare for an Indian Head Massage; equipment & products needed
- Practical Indian Head Massage techniques
- Related Anatomy & Physiology
Pre-requisites: None, however studying for an Anatomy & Physiology qualification is highly recommended alongside this course.
Model Required? Yes, if taught individually. Otherwise students will work on each other.
Check ‘contraindications’ in the course manual to determine suitability for treatment for yourself or prior to choosing your model
Course Fee includes training manual, training materials, assessment and certification
Required Self-Guided (Theory) Learning: 8 – 12 hours
Practical Course Length: 1 day full course/1 day for refresher
Assessment: Completion of guided home study and preparation of written assessment prior to the practical training day. On the practical training days, continuous formative assessment, verbal questions and performance of an Indian Head Massage treatment with minimal guidance from your tutor, along with final completion of the written assessment. The refresher course will be assessed via observation of an Indian Head Massage treatment with minimal guidance from your tutor only.
Case Studies Required: None – however practice on friends and family, following completion of practical training days, is highly recommended, prior to working on the public.
Accrediting Body: Professional Beauty Direct (PBD) and approved as insurable by Balens, Towergate and Winchester Insurance, however please check with your own insurer to see if they will also cover this qualification
Qualification Attained: Natural Touch Training Accredited Diploma. Certificate of Attendance for Refresher course.