Course overview: This course has been written and designed specifically for qualified therapists wishing to extend their skills to be able to offer Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) which is a gentle technique that aims to stimulate the lymphatic system, removing congestion and stagnation from within the body. Subtle manual moves activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation, as well as stimulates the functioning of the immune system and parasympathetic nervous system. Helps reduce oedema, also helps regenerate tissue. This massage uses very light pressure.
- Code of Ethics and insurance for therapists
- Therapist Safety & Good Working Practices
- Health & safety Guidelines
- Salon Hygiene, Sterilisation & Sanitisation
- GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Consultation procedure and record keeping
- Contraindications & Contra-actions to the treatment and aftercare advice
- An introduction to Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Benefits of Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- How to prepare for a Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage; equipment & products needed
- Practical Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage techniques
- Related Anatomy & Physiology
Pre-requisites: Level 3 Swedish Massage/Aromatherapy Massage or equivalent and Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology
Model Required? Yes, if taught individually. Otherwise students will work on each other.
Check ‘contraindications’ in the course manual to determine suitability for treatment for yourself or prior to choosing your model
Course Fee includes training manual, training materials, assessment and certification
Required Self-Guided (Theory) Learning: 8 – 12 hours
Practical Course Length: 1 day full course/Half day practical refresher
Assessment: Completion of guided home study and preparation of written assessment prior to the practical training day. On the practical training days, continuous formative assessment, verbal questions and performance of a Lymphatic Drainage Massage treatment with minimal guidance from your tutor, along with final completion of the written assessment. The refresher course will be assessed via observation of a Lymphatic Drainage Massage treatment with minimal guidance from your tutor only.
Case Studies Required: None – however practice on friends and family, following completion of practical training days, is highly recommended, prior to working on the public.
Accrediting Body: The Complementary Medical Association (CMA) and approved as insurable by Insync, BGi UK, Professional Beauty Direct and Westminster Insurance, however please check with your own insurer to see if they will also cover this qualification.
Qualification Attained: Natural Touch Training Accredited Diploma. Certificate of Attendance for Refresher course.
CPD Points: 8