Course overview: This course has been written and designed specifically for qualified therapists wishing to extend their skills to be able to offer Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) which is a gentle technique that aims to stimulate the lymphatic system, removing congestion and stagnation from within the body. Subtle manual moves activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation, as well as stimulating the functioning of the immune system and parasympathetic nervous system. Helps reduce oedema, also helps regenerate tissue. This massage uses very light pressure.
- Code of Ethics and insurance for therapists
- Therapist Safety & Good Working Practices
- Health & safety Guidelines
- Salon Hygiene, Sterilisation & Sanitisation
- GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Consultation procedure and record keeping
- Contraindications & Contra-actions to the treatment and aftercare advice
- An introduction to Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Benefits of Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- How to prepare for a Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage; equipment & products needed
- Practical Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage techniques
- Related Anatomy & Physiology
Pre-requisites: Level 3 Swedish Massage/Aromatherapy Massage or equivalent and Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology
Model Required? Yes. You will be required to complete 3 case studies as part of your assessment. Check the contraindications explained in the course manual to determine suitability for treatment for yourself or prior to choosing your model.
Course Fee includes our full online training package, course manual, training materials, assessment and certification.
Required Self-Guided (Theory) Learning: 12 hours
Assessment: Completion of our online guided home study including video presentations of the practical elements of the course and preparation of a written assessment, video evidence of your progress and case studies. Your course tutor will be on hand to answer any of your questions as you go through the online course and to give you feedback on your assessment materials prior to certification.
Case Studies Required: 3 case studies are required for this course.
Accrediting Body: This course is fully accredited by the Centre of CPD Excellence and approved as insurable by Insync, BGi UK, Professional Beauty Direct and Westminster Insurance, however please check with your own insurer to see if they will also cover this qualification.
Qualification Attained: Natural Touch Training Accredited Diploma
CPD Points: 8