Course overview: This course is for beginners and existing therapists looking to add this beneficial therapy. It will give you the information and knowledge to start practicing Indian head massage to a professional standard. Evolved from traditional techniques practiced in India as part of family rituals for thousands of years, this is a wonderfully non-invasive relaxing treatment and involves massage to the upper back, neck and shoulders, head and face. It can be done anywhere, in a seated position or led down on a massage bed and is a great stress reliever. No massage experience is required.
- Code of Ethics and insurance for therapists
- Therapist Safety & Good Working Practices
- Health & safety Guidelines
- Salon Hygiene, Sterilisation & Sanitisation
- GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Consultation procedure and record keeping
- Contraindications & Contra-actions to the treatment and aftercare advice
- An introduction to Indian Head Massage
- Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- The Chakras and Indian Head Massage
- How to prepare for an Indian Head Massage; equipment & products needed
- Practical Indian Head Massage techniques
- Related Anatomy & Physiology
Pre-requisites: None, however studying for an Anatomy & Physiology qualification is highly recommended alongside this course. You can find Natural Touch Training’s online Anatomy & Physiology course here.
Model Required? Yes. You will be required to complete 3 case studies as part of your assessment. Check ‘contraindications’ in the course manual to determine suitability for treatment for yourself or prior to choosing your model
Course Fee includes training manual, training materials, assessment and certification
Required Self-Guided (Theory) Learning: 8 – 12 hours
Assessment: Completion of our online guided home study including video presentations of the practical elements of the course and preparation of a written assessment, video evidence of your progress and case studies. Your course tutor will be on hand to answer any of your questions as you go through the online course and to give you feedback on your assessment materials prior to certification.
Case Studies Required: 3 case studies are required for this course.
Accrediting Body: This course is fully accredited by the Centre of CPD Excellence and approved as insurable by Insync, BGi UK, Professional Beauty Direct and Westminster Insurance, however please check with your own insurer to see if they will also cover this qualification.
Qualification Attained: Natural Touch Training Accredited Diploma
CPD Points: 8