The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introductory, knowledge-based teaching qualification, which prepares learners for teaching or training in a wide range of contexts. It is suitable for individuals who wish to teach in the Further Education and Skills Sector and forms a foundation for those with little or no previous experience of teaching or training.
The qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- are not yet in a teaching role (pre-service)
- are in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role (in-service)
- want a short qualification
- have the potential to study at this level
- want a qualification without a minimum teaching practice requirement
This online course is designed to guide you through the Level 3 Award in Education and Training qualification in a straightforward and supportive format. It uses a step by step approach using text, images, video clips, written explanations and learner activities to teach you the skills and qualities required to become a good teacher and to develop a successful learning environment.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes:
There are 3 modules to study:
- Module 1 looks at your roles and responsibilities as a teacher.
- Module 2 involves planning your own session and the importance of providing an inclusive teaching setting that meets the needs of each individual.
- Module 3 investigates the three main types of assessment in teaching and the pivotal role that ongoing assessment in teaching plays.
After this qualification you will:
- have a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners.
- be able to sequence learning, plan and deliver sessions, using appropriate resources and teaching methods.
- be able to identify the characteristics of effective assessment and feedback.
Pre-requisites: The qualification is suitable for learners of 19 years of age and above. There are no other specific entry requirements.
Course Fee includes full access to our learning portal, all course modules and end of module assessments, with clear instructions and dedicated tutor support.
There is no deposit option for our online courses, but you can spread the cost of this course by making two payments. To choose this option:
- Choose to pay by bank transfer at the checkout and transfer £187.50.
- Once your payment clears, you will be granted full access to the course.
- Transfer the outstanding balance of £187.50 after 1 month, and before your certificate is issued.
Required Home Study Learning Hours: To be completed over 12 months. Minimum 120 hours, including 48 guided learning hours.
Assessment: Completion of guided home study and online assessments including an observed micro-teach.
Awarding Body: The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is mapped to the National Occupational Standards (NOS) written by VTCT and is accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT)
Qualification Attained: Natural Touch Training Level 3 Award in Education and Training.